Friday, November 12, 2010

12 words that I reflect on

By trade, I'm a column writer, business consultant to solopreneurs, ABA certified paralegal and a public policy lover with specific interest in grass root projects. Now, in the middle of all of that, who would have ever thought to add, "Jewelry designer"?!?!?!?!

I often reflect on a quote from Oprah Winfrey that consists of twelve words which are, "What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine." For my life and planned career path this statement couldn’t be more fitting. When I received my graduate degree I had goals of running for office and changing the world – which are still in the plans, but I believe I’ll be doing it now in a bad piece of jewelry and pushing my line J

As a child, I've always been creative and loved to be around creative people. I’d often watch my very talented mother who enjoyed sewing, create masterpieces over night with her sewing machine and marvel at the beauty of the finished pieces. For me,
I truly believe that the seed of creativity was sowed very early in life and blossomed in my adulthood.

It is my personal believe that we all posses talents and abilities within us that we probably could have never imagined. It's up to us to dust them off and let them shine for the world to see. My goal in life is to leave no talent hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment